Friday, June 17, 2011

HeatedWetsuits.com

Brrrr, its that time of year where the temperatures start to drop and the only ones out on the water are the die-hard kiters.
I was out yesterday for a mean 3 hour session, but my toes were pretty numb with the cold when I came in.  When I got back I saw an e-mail from Matt Patton President of HeatedWetsuits.Com.  They have just come out with a heated undersuit to wear while kitesurfing (and other water activities).
I've not seen one myself, but I am interested, especially with snow season coming up.  (Don't forget Wanakite 2011 starts August 29th!)
They video claims that the battery pack sits in a place that doesn't interfere with your harness, which if true, would be awesome because that was the problem I had with the Quicksilver heated vest. 
Anyway, they are offering free delivery to New Zealand and with the strength of the NZ dollar right now its probably the best time to get one! http://www.heatedwetsuits.com/
If I end up buying one I'll give a full review on its performance for both snow and water kiting.

4 comments:

  1. I recently got a mystic battle jacket (short version) and found it was toasty when layered to wetsuit/impact vest. With two zips for access top and bottom, it is highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great. I love kitesurfing and due to it I always visit Kitesurfing on my internet sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your post and will come back later on. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!
    My partner and I absolutely love your post and find many of your post's to be just what I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome web site! kitesurfing perth

    ReplyDelete